Introduction to Diet
According to the nutrition, diet is the sum of food that an individual consumes. For better functioning of human body, everyone needs food with proper nutritious values. Therefore, a proper and nutritious diet would include all the required elements including vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, proteins, and fats. And the diet of human being could be different from place to place, as some cultures may have some food preferences or some food taboos. Individual preferences also play a major role in diversity of diet.
Importance of a Healthy Diet
Diet plays a major role in the overall health of an individual. Besides the physical activities, diet is also a major factor that affects the health of a human being. Every individual should have proper weight / height ratio. As being overweight increases the risk of heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, stroke, and many more other serious disease, similarly being underweight also can create a lot of health problems for you. A healthy diet can help you in getting your physical characteristics in proper order, and hence can help to keep you healthy and fit.
Tips for Healthy Diet
Proper diet needs proper planning. Following are some of the useful diet tips that could be pretty helpful for you:
- India is the land of greens and there is no dearth of green vegetables in India. Your diet should contain a substantial amount of green vegetables and fresh fruits. According to the nutritionists, every adult individual should take 2 cups of fresh fruit and 2? cups of green vegetables per day.
- Diet should also include whole-grains and fat-free elements. Whole grains are the good source of fiber that is necessary for good health.
- You will also find lots of milk and milk products in India. Your diet should also consists of those.
- Your diet should consists of foods that are low in saturated fat, trans fat, and cholesterol. The total fat intake should be in between 20 to 35 percent of calories. Take fish, nuts, and vegetable oils for this.
- Your diet should also include a small quantities of calories from added sugars such as cookies, cakes, candy etc.
- Your food should not contain higher amount of sodium or salt. Usually 2,300 mg of sodium and one teaspoon of salt per day is sufficient.
- You should take sufficient amount of water daily. Water plays a major role in the good health of human beings.
For more information on Diet , please click on the following links:
- Cellulite Diet
- Diet Pill
- Atkins Diet
- Diet Recipes
- Fad Diet
- Grapefruit Diet
- Lemonade Diet
- Detox Diet
- Fat Smash Diet
- Zone Diet