Nutrition deficiency disorders occur when an individual does not take proper amount of nutrients which are essential for the normal functioning of the human body. Regular intakes of all the essential nutrients help the human body to prevent all kind of nutrition deficiency disorders. Essential nutrients like phosphorus, calcium are very important for the bones and protein is also necessary for developing muscle and energy to the human body.
Symptoms of Nutrition deficiency disorders:
There are a few symptoms of nutrition deficiency disorders. These symptoms are mentioned below-
- Loss of appetite
- Growth retardation and
- Some other Neurological symptoms
Typical symptoms and diseases occur due to lack of nutrients. All the diseases Related to Malnutrition are very common but these diseases need proper treatment and care. Some nutrients and its deficiency disorders are mentioned below-
- Biotin - Eye inflammation, dermatitis, loss of muscle control, muscle weakness, and insomnia.
- Copper - Arterial damage, anemia, hair loss, weakness, depression, fragile bones, hyperthyroidism, fatigue, and diarrhea.
- Essential fatty acids - Liver degeneration, Diarrhea, poor wound healing, dry skin and hair, immune impairment, acne, hair loss, infertility, gall stones, eczema, and premenstrual syndrome.
- Iodine - Fatigue, cretinism, weight gain, and hypothyroidism.
- Iron - Brittle nails, anemia, dizziness, constipation, confusion, fatigue, inflamed tongue, depression, headache, mouth lesions, dizziness and confusion.
- Calcium - Cramps, brittle nails, delusions, irritability, palpitations, rickets, periodontal disease, insomnia, depression, osteoporosis, and tooth decay.
- Magnesium - Confusion, anxiety, hyperactivity, heart attack, nervousness, restlessness, muscular irritability, insomnia, and weakness.
- Manganese - Elevated Cholesterol, atherosclerosis, dizziness, hearing loss, loss of muscle control, glucose intolerance, and ringing in ears.
- Pantothenic Acid - Burning feet, Abdominal pains, depression, fatigue, hair loss, immune impairment, eczema, nausea, insomnia, low blood pressure, irritability, muscle spasms, and poor coordination.
- Niacin - Irritability, bad breath, skin eruptions, confusion, canker sores, depression, diarrhea, emotional instability, dermatitis, fatigue, loss of appetite, muscle weakness, nausea, memory impairment, and inflammation.
- Potassium - High cholesterol levels, fatigue, acne, depression, edema, constipation, excessive water consumption, insomnia, glucose intolerance, mental impairment, nervousness, muscle weakness, and poor reflexes.
- Vitamin A - Dry hair, night blindness, acne, fatigue, growth impairment, hyperkeratosis (thickening and roughness of skin), insomnia, immune impairment, and weight loss.
- Vitamin C - Depression, bleeding gums, easy bruising, irritability, impaired wound healing, joint pains, malaise, loose teeth, and tiredness.